Tuesday, February 15, 2022

"70s Batman" 2022 Action Figure! The Making of a Custom Figure and Card! Cosplay Craziness!

 Along with a few other of my cosplays (seen here and here), I decided to also have my "70s Batman" cosplay scanned and made into a 3D mini-statue! Click below to follow along and enlarge pics!

Above: My actual "Bronze-Age Batman" cosplay! See more here!


Above: After the scanning of me in the suit, the 
wonderful Shrunk3D folks soon cobbled
up a detailed tiny "mini-me!" Looks great,
but I wanted to darken up those black areas...



Above: Time to use putty to mask off all the non-black
surfaces, then add a few coatings of gloss black
spray paint!


Above: That's better! Much more dramatic contrast!




I added a few paint touches to my mini-statue, such
as the gloss black areas, and an orange base!






Of course, I just had to create a custom card
as a display backer for the nifty new figure!


The "action figure" added to his custom card!
Very striking and bold! 










No comments: