Monday, April 17, 2017

Here Comes--Daredevil! 1978 Frank Robbins Original Comic Art! Marvel Mirth!

Here's another powerful piece from my own comic art collection! Below is an original art page from the 1978 issue of DAREDEVIL #155! Drawn by the criminally underrated Frank Robbins, this page has been mine for many years, and showcases ol' DD in a series of street-swingin' action scenes! Robbins was a master at depicting movement, action, body language, and real drama! Click below to enlarge and enjoy!

Above, left: The fantastic Frank Robbins original DAREDEVIL art page, and (right), the printed version!
Note the many tiny details (such as razor-scraped motion lines) that were completely obliterated
in the final printed comic! Those indelible inks were supplied by Frank Springer!


Above: The artwork, displayed (along with printed pages and cover art), on my wall!


BONUS! Glance below to see the captivating cover that housed the above awesome artwork! Art by Gene Colan and Frank Springer!



1 comment:

Paul McScotty Muir said...

Ohhh that is so cool - I couldn't agree more that Frank Robbins was so underrated that it was indeed a crime, although I have to admit when I first became aware of his art (Capt America) I was not a fan at all , it wasn't until he drew the Invaders I started to "get it" and have been buying and collecting as much of his stuff (comics) as I can. That DD issue is a great wee comic