Monday, July 15, 2013

Jack Kirby's Captain America--by Albert Bigley?! 1976 Marvel Comics?!

Once again I dip into the bottomless well brimming with my past artistic masterpieces! This time, I came up with this nifty 1976 Captain America sketch, pencilled by me, at age 11! I used my then-newly purchased 1977 MARVEL COMICS MEMORY ALBUM calendar as inspiration, specifically the page featuring a brain-altering original Jack Kirby Cap illustration! I was certainly no Kirby, but I tried my best to re-create his masterful Cap action pose, and even made a half-hearted attempt to duplicate the illo's awesome origin-revealing background, too! Alas, I soon found that such additional drawing was not as much fun as delineating the main action scene, so...Click below to enlarge!



BONUS! Click below to see the original 1976 Jack Kirby art that launched the above dynamic doodle!