Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Here Comes the Hulk! 1975 Albert Bigley Original Comic Art! Marvel Comics?!

Here we go with another biggie from my paint-plastered past! Here is my full-color image of an ever-hopping Hulk, whipped up by me in 1975, when I was 10! Inspired by the back cover of Marvel's 2nd over-sized and over-stuffed "Holiday Grab-Bag," which featured a host of leaping lunatics like Nick Fury, Spidey, and ol' Greenskin (all drawn by the superlative John Romita, Sr.), I freely lifted the Hulk figure, and made him the solo star of this giant (drawn on 11 by 17 paper) illustration! A liberal touch of colored pencils (musta taken the whole darned box), and you got a fully-tinted titan! Click to enlarge!



BONUS! Click below to see the incredible illo that inspired this sensational scribble!



BONUS BONUS! I wasn't alone in being rocked by that back-cover drawing! Click here to see yet another use of this famed Hulk image!

No comments: