Friday, February 24, 2012

The Mego FANTASTIC FOUR?! 1976 Albert Bigley Comic(al) Art! Marvel Comics?!

Inspired (yet again) by the Mego corporation's endless flood of superhero action figures, here is my 1976 drawing (I was 11) of the fabulous Fantastic Four! You can clearly see that I used the figures as inspiration, aping their actual faces and limited poses, including the "grasping" hands and the printed body suits, but what about that dreadful Invisible Girl pose?  Simple.  I didn't own the IG figure (that once was for girls!! Come on!), so I used my imagination. Looks as if I began coloring this incredible image with marker, only to quit while I was ahead. Hoo! Click to enlarge!

Both the Thing and Human Torch figures were given odd "printed" body suits, with orange rocks and
red flame screen-printed on a cloth outfit!


No comments: