Wednesday, March 16, 2011

It's FANTASTIC FOUR #179! Kinda. 1977 Albert Bigley Comic Art! Marvel Comics?!

That's right! My own interpretation (done by me in 1977-age 12) of the cover to FANTASTIC FOUR #179! I was a new regular FF reader then, and soon become totally engrossed in their high-flying adventures! It's only natural that I'd try to mimic the artistic mastery of the cover artists here, in this case, John Buscema and Joe Sinnott! I still had a bit to learn about laying the image out in order to gauge the compositional space needed, not to mention plain old anatomy! But, you can certainly feel my excitement for the characters, and my youthful (if naive) energy, in this drawing! Go ahead. Be brave and click to enlarge!




1 comment:

Joseph said...

I think you're being too hard on your 12 year old self, Al. Your scale may be off, but even at that age, you've captured the Thing battle in the forefront and the general feel of the cover. I'm impressed.