Thursday, January 21, 2010

1980s Curt Swan SUPERMAN Original DC Comics Art! Clark Kent!

A beautiful illo of the SUPERMAN cast, by long-time DC Comics artist Curt Swan (inks by John Byrne)! Done for one of the many permutations of DC's WHO'S WHO volumes from the 80s. Click to enlarge!



BONUS! Glance below to see Curt's original magnificent pencil-sketched layout, done in preparation for the above awesome art!

The above art appears courtesy of the incredible
BACK ISSUE magazine,  from the TwoMorrows folks!

1 comment:

Blitzdawg said...

I can definitely see the touch of Byrne when I look at the faces on Clark Kent. Byrne is maybe one of the all-time greats, but I got tired of seeing every face have the same mouth, the same spit curl (Reed Richards with a spit curl?!). I wonder if Byrne also "edited" Superman's torso a little or if Swan had changed his drawing style. I'm used to his pictures of the "bigger", thicker Superman.