Monday, November 23, 2009

1972 Keds Batman and Superman TV Ad! SuperSneaks!


How many of you remember this ad? It aired around 1972 on kid's TV, and featured Superman and Batman cajoling some poor lone kid on a playground, sweet-talkin' him about his sneakers! Where's mom when ya need her?

From a 70s issue of MONSTER TIMES, this is the "storyboard" of the ad, which is nowhere to be found on YouTube or anywhere else!


BONUS! Glance below to view an actual '72 point-of-purchase "Super Sneaks" store display!

Thanks to fan David Stewart for the above image!

1 comment:

B Allen Krauz said...

Oh mi God! I have not seen this ad, since I had that "MONSTER TIMES" Issue,...I believe it had "Werewolves On Wheels", on the cover...
The commercial,...just seeing & reading the photo-boards brought it all back in a flash! I lived near & my mom bought my KEDS Sneaks at Thom McAn, & it's possible I had these "Super Sneaks". The store always had cool premiums for kids, like UFO-designed frisbees, rings & a penny arcade with silent comedy flip-pictures...
Would luv to find that commercial...