Friday, September 11, 2009

9/11

Remember? In the weeks after 9/11? All the magazines, talk show hosts, houses, businesses, and, most of all, politicians (from both sides of the aisle), draping themselves in the flag? As if any American would forget or didn't feel the horror of that day? Endless gaudy and desperate displays?

Except that month's MAD. Of all things.

Patriotism should not be worn like a plastic halloween costume. It's something you keep deep, and real, and close at all times. Like family, love, friends.

And lost loved ones.

1 comment:

Proj said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along.
I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading.
Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.
Curs BNR