Friday, August 14, 2009

I Did It OUR WAY! SUPER DUMPS!









In the mid-70s, a firm called OUR WAY STUDIOS created some wonderful sticker sheets featuring the Marvel and DC Comics characters, sporting iconic and colorful images of al the famous superheroes. Even more spectacular, the images were all drawn by comic art greats such as Jack Kirby, Neal Adams, Murphy Anderson, Gil Kane, Nick Cardy, and others.

I recall waiting for the DC full-sheet set to come in the mail..One of the first comics items I ever sent a way for..Took an ETERNITY to arrive, and came in a giant mailing tube! I had TWO sets of the DC stick-ons, and one set of the Marvel ones....

My Mom actually let me stick the Neal Adams-drawn "running" BATMAN sticker to the front bumper of our family pickup truck!

I also affixed the Gil Kane GREEN LANTERN to the back of a vinyl jacket I had. I was the hit of the 3rd grade playground.

The CONAN sticker from the Marvel set? I gave it to my next-door neighbors, who stuck it to their bedroom door. It had to WEAR off, over several years...heh.

Also had them on my lunchbox...

Here, also, are the store versions, which were slightly smaller sheets of a few characters...

2 comments:

thrdgll said...

Running! So THAT'S what Batman is doing in that old Neal drawing. I always thought he was jitterbugging.

Mitchell said...

I had the rolled set in the mail same as you. My Mom let us put them all over the walls in the "Play Room" which was just a big room off the garage that held all our toys, and games. Does anyone know if you can still get these anywhere?