Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Beaded Burt (Ward)!


Due to all the requests (one), here is the Robin Bake-a-Craft stained glass figure. I got this from eBay a few years back, and did my own bead-handling and baking. Not big on detail, but notice how I tried to get some sort of flesh color by adding white and orange beads. They didn't melt together as planned, making poor Robin look like he has a really bad rash, or has been stung by an angry swarm of bees.

I think the same company produced an equally-dazzling  Superman kit, but I've yet to see one. Hopefully, before I die...



2 comments:

Jon K said...

Thanks for posting that! I've never seen the Superman one, either.

A related thing I remember seeing was much larger ones, advertised in the comics, where you weren't doing it yourself, I think... as shown in the ad here: http://flickr.com/photos/jonknutson/22096902/in/set-72157600004203433/

I don't recall seeing any decent photos of those offered on eBay, though...

thrdgll said...

I love how Robin appears to have that palm-punching, "Holy hole in a doughnut" pose that Burt made famous.