Monday, January 10, 2011

1973 SPIDER-MAN Original Comic Art by John Romita Sr.! Ideal Playset! Marvel Comics!

Here is a great and iconic piece of SPIDER-MAN art, one that anyone who grew up in the 70s will recognize immediately! Drawn (in a rare horizontal format-and pasted up onto vellum) by master artist John Romita Sr., this masterpiece was created for the 1973 Ideal SPIDER-MAN playset, but was also used on glasses, posters, banners, "Slurpee" cups, and all manner of merchandise! Another impeccable work of comic art by a Silver and Bronze Age master! Click images to enlarge!



2 comments:

Larry Dempsey said...

I have my 7-11 Slurpee cup with that image on it right here next to me (as well as a few other cups with John Sr.'s art on it, too). That is easily one of my favorite Spider-Man drawings from my favorite Spider-Man artist.

Thanks for the memories, Al. Love your blog.

film izle said...

very good...